Netflix to Release Documentary on Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s Defamation Trial
Netflix is set to release a documentary on the defamation trial between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. The documentary, titled “Depp v Heard,” will give viewers a deeper insight into the case, which was highly publicized and controversial.
The documentary will feature interviews with key figures from the trial, including Depp, Heard, their lawyers, and witnesses. It will also include footage from the courtroom, as well as behind-the-scenes interviews with the filmmakers.
“Depp v Heard” is directed by Rania Dridi and produced by Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Andrew Jarecki. The documentary is scheduled to premiere on Netflix on August 16, 2023.
The trial between Depp and Heard began in 2022 and lasted for six weeks. Depp sued Heard for defamation after she wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post in 2018, in which she described herself as a victim of domestic violence. Heard countersued Depp for defamation, alleging that he defamed her by calling her a liar.
The jury ultimately found in favor of Depp, awarding him $15 million in damages. Heard was awarded $2 million in damages on her countersuit.
The trial was highly publicized and attracted a great deal of public attention. It was also controversial, with many people taking sides in the case.
The documentary “Depp v Heard” will give viewers a deeper understanding of the case and the people involved. It is sure to be a fascinating and controversial watch.
Here are some additional details about the documentary:
- The documentary will be six episodes long, each about an hour in length.
- It will be available to stream on Netflix on August 16, 2023.
- The documentary is directed by Rania Dridi and produced by Andrew Jarecki.
- It features interviews with Johnny Depp, Amber Heard, their lawyers, and witnesses.
- It also includes footage from the courtroom, as well as behind-the-scenes interviews with the filmmakers.